Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring Break

Normal people go someplace warm for spring break.  Normal people go someplace and stay in a hotel and relax.  Abnormal people hop in a truck and head straight into a blizzard and don't even consider turning back.  Guess which one I am or more accurately, guess which kind I married.   Yeah, abnormal is my middle name.

 Mink Creek snow piles, about 8 ft high.



 All of this will melt and run into the Bear River.  Yeah, the Bear River that runs along the edge of our farm. 




 These cows currently live on an island in Montpelier. 
 Hopefully, the farmers get their farm ground back.



 This is the water running into Bear Lake.

 The road at Bear Lake.
The road heading out of Bear Lake towards Logan Canyon.


The video is kind of long, but has great commentary by Boyd :)  

4 comments:

  1. It must be time for fun and games again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, having seen that snowy video, I want to know if you prefer good weather and a "smelly tin shed" full of 6th graders, or snow and cold weather and Spring break?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harriet is right!! You had no business being on that road.
    Are you crazy?? Never mind I already know the answer to that one.
    VA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! I had to look twice at the hand sticking out of Bear Lake and realized it was my cursor! :P And that is why my blog is called Shades of Blonde! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.