Thursday, April 7, 2011

Corinne Cutoff

Corinne Cutoff is the new name of the road in front of my mom's house and therefore, her address.  It used to be Hwy 13, boring maybe, but when given the chance for a new name the powers that be chose Corinne Cutoff!  Seriously?  If you can't tell, it has bothered me ever since.
Anyway, I spent a portion of the only sunny day this week, pruning my mom's trees.  Feel guilty yet Mom?  Just Kidding!  I eat the fruit, I should do the work.  Besides, Boyd showed up and did the majority of the hard labor.  So, what follows is what's happenin' on the Corinne Cutoff.

Actually, this is the Dismal Land and Livestock, just showin' the blue sky.

Used to be our land, at least the new owners like goats!



 My dad and I bought this boat together.  I hardly even rode in it.  I have been begging Boyd to bring it home since my dad passed. I figure that if I married a man with waterfront property, I should put it to good use.  He finally relented only to discover we didn't have the right size ball on the truck and couldn't find one either.  Boyd says he doesn't want to move the boat because this is the exact location that he asked my dad permission to marry me on July 3rd, 2006.  FYI, my dad laughed and said Boyd didn't need to ask his permission (but he did think it was great that Boyd asked) and commented that we would be butting heads our whole marriage.  Thanks DAD!  The boat will make it home one day soon.
 I want to take this guy home!  Boyd said he would make good eating only I thought he said he would make a good eater.  Thinking he would eat all the weeds, it would be a good idea to get a steer.  Boyd meant that he would be tender and tasty.  
 How could you eat this?  And he came right up to me and licked my hand. 
He's too skinny to eat anyway.

1 comment:

  1. you have again succeeded in making me entirely homesick!! Great photos!!

    ReplyDelete

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.