Friday, April 1, 2011

I Got the Message!

Posting has been slow lately, sorry.  March wasn't the best month for me and this week was particularly difficult.  No real reason, it just was.  (Too much rain and wind and snow and hail and overcast skies didn't help.) Today was the first really nice day and I enjoyed it so much!!  Well, except that it only took one recess to make my classroom smell like an armpit.  Too many students (32) for one small tin shed. 

Anyway, Boyd took matters into his own hands as he does when necessary and took some photos today.
 Five loads of gravel in preparation for the septic tank drain field repair coming soon.  It will be nice to be able to take a shower and not worry about flooding the basement.
 There is a cat back there someplace.  And, yes, it is that disturbingly chaotic in that part of the attic.  We cleaned the other half last year and maybe we can get to this side soon.  I don't like walking around up there because I am certain I will end up falling through to the floor below.  I bet we find a million dollar hidden treasure up there, that or bird poop, cat poop, bat poop, squirrel poop...
 Poor caged animals.


 Part of the loader removal device currently under construction.



 Two holes four feet deep for the railroad ties.  Gotta go deep to make them solid.

 The two ties with the soon to be removed fence in front.

These shots I took. 

 Three dogs full of these by the time we headed back from the river.   I couldn't get a photo of the three BILLION mosquitoes that seemed to hatch today.
 The river is back down a bit.  Not for long I bet as the flood warnings are out for the rivers that feed into the Bear River.
 Every time Maggy comes to play she goes home dirty, but happy.


 Checking out the fresh smells now that the fence is gone in front of the recently installed railroad ties.
Hauling off the old fence with the soon to be loader-less 5288.

Thanks Eileen for the encouragement to post and Mom, how come I didn't hear any complaining from you?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks!!! It was a great surprise this a.m. as I blog stalked you once again:) and found a long, newsy, entertaining post. Enjoy your time off from the smelly tin shed!!!

    ReplyDelete

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.