Monday, April 4, 2011

Blowin' In The Wind

If as they say "the answer my friend is blowin' in the wind", then I should be the smartest person on Earth.  The wind never stops blowing around here, but sadly,  it is making me more frustrated than smart.   Wind, gray skies and all, I forced myself to wander around the farm and find something, worthwhile or not, to shoot.
 See if you know the answer blowin' in the wind to these questions. I'll number them in case you want to post your answers.

So, in no particular order...

1.  Who had a birthday yesterday and didn't get flowers on his grave because it was snowing?
 2.  Why do we have two cans of this lying around?
 3.  What are these used for?
 4.  What is this sign advertising?
 5.  What is the purpose of this cool looking piece of metal?
6.   How did I come to own such a good old sewing machine?
 7.  Which Arctic Circle is missing a window?
 8.  What is it?
 9.  Will the food storage in the mirror be edible when needed or will the dog treats on the top shelf be tastier?
 10.  How sad is the amputated apple tree feeling right now?
 11.  When will the sky be blue again?
 12.  Will Jasmin actually dig herself out of the kennel or is she just trying to bury the ball?
 13.  Is Boyd's loader removal device patent worthy?


 14.  How big is this hinge in inches?
 15.  What model tractor displays this insignia?
 16.  What lives in this wood pile that so fascinates my dogs?
 17.  Is it the same creature that is destroying this log?
 18.  Does this look like an elephant leg to anyone else?
 19.  HUH????????
 20.  How many times can we add to this pile before the tractor gets stuck?
 21.  How long does it take my goats to strip the bark off of a branch?
22.  Have you ever seen cuter baby goats than these?
 23.  Will I ever get to have baby goats again?   These guys turned seven this week (April 2nd and 4th).
Let's see who knows (or thinks they do) the answer to any or all of these questions.

5 comments:

  1. Lots of questions to answer--you're such a school teacher:). I'll have to answer in daily doses. Later today I'll tackle some of them. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Your Dad
    2. Because no one has bothered to throw them out
    3. To break up or till the ground
    4. Wheat flour
    5. Decoration
    6. You won it in a contest
    7. The nearest one to your farm
    8. This answer is the one I'm proudest of today--a manure whip:)

    I'll answer more later tomorrow, hopefully. Please don't make fun of my answers. Did the best I could:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9. The doggie treats. How old is the stuff in those cans:)?
    10. Sadder than the stump in "The Giving Tree."
    11. Only AFTER it stops snowing--ugh!!!
    12. Like all good dogs, she's just burying her treasures.
    13. Of course, Boyd is a stud with all his farm work and inventions.
    14. From end to end, 11 inches
    15. A BBR-550--I made that up:).

    I'll tackle some more tomorrow. These are making my brain hurt:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Vern G Wilkins 2. a five year supply
    3. make furrows 4. bread 5. used as a pulley 6. because your
    mother spoils you and you get the better trade off 7. Brigham City
    8. wire Boyd can use to hold his stuff together that is falling apart.
    9, dog treats `0. better 11. always tomorrow 12. bored and uses
    it for entertainment 13 yes 14. 6 inches 15. allis chalmers 500
    16. squirrels 17. no 18. no it looks like a dinosaur hip b one
    19. web of life 20 ten 21 tenminutes 22.no, they are too cute
    23. not if Boyd and I can help it. 24. Am I bored and so I answered
    this crazy blog? Yes, and do I want to get home....you figure that
    one out. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time for me to answer the last few questions.
    16. something alive
    17. yes
    18. I can see an elephant leg--that must be your creative artistic streak coming out in you:)
    19. Looks like a place that someone (animal) escaped from
    20. probably at least a dozen more times
    21. less than a minute
    22. They ARE cute:)
    23. Ask Fauna!!!

    Thanks, as always for the entertainment!!!

    ReplyDelete

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.