Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Back At It

Work that is, not blogging.  I had a week off and it seems as if it didn't even happen.  Right back in to the stress of it all. 
However, a few barely blog-worthy events ...
  • Jasmin chased the neighbor's reportedly mean dog off our farm the other morning.  She took off like a flash barking and that dog high-tailed it out of the hay field.  I was afraid Jasmin would go right across the road with him, but she stopped right at the edge of the field/property line.  Buddy would have joined in and maybe bit the dog, but I had him by the collar. 
  • Gilligan crawled in the partially opened window of Boyd's truck last night.  Good idea???  Not at all!  Boyd pulled him out by the scruff of his neck and gave him a talking to.  Gilligan knew he was in trouble from the get go, he had a look on his face of "Oh, ____!" when he saw Boyd coming. 
  • I saw a fox and two turkeys all on the same day.  The turkeys were right by the back of the house.  No pictures, too lazy!
  • My mom's lawn tractor is being serviced by her personal mechanic.  FYI Mom.   I had the same guy as my personal mechanic when I was in high school and had to drive a Dodge Ram Charger.  My dad taught me how to take off the air filter housing and stick a pen in the carburetor to get it to start, but when that didn't work it was Boyd to the rescue.  My friends were so impressed that I had a real, true blue hero.  Plus, I think they thought he was cute :)
  • Our basement flooded on Friday.  During the blizzard.  Dumping water repeatedly during a blizzard. Did I mention the snowy blizzard?  Can't dry carpet when the humidity is 100%, but thanks to Jeff and his carpet fans, we made progress.  Smelled like sweat socks and pee according to Boyd. Smelled like wet carpet to me.  Toilet flapper water stopper didn't seal.  Septic tank doesn't drain well anyway and can't get fixed during rain storms every day.  Gravel is ready and waiting for the crew we hired to be able to get through the field without getting stuck.
  • The toilet was leaking.  Boyd fixed it.  He still is my hero and personal rescue guy.  
  • The Co-op finally showed up to install the new tires on the backhoe.  That should probably a post all by itself.  Maybe it will be. 
  • I got a metal detector for Christmas a couple of years ago and Boyd finally relented and helped me look for buried treasure tonight.  We found two pieces of old wire.  Wahoo!!!
Night Crawler in my mom's orchard.


Sunset at my mom's the night I had to borrow her washer to wash some items caught in the flood. 




 All photos taken with my iPhone.  LOVE IT!  Everybody should get one.  The last two dog photos I took with Instagram.  Fun software!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite tidbit in this post was the Gilligan experience:)

    ReplyDelete

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.