Monday, April 25, 2011

One Day At A Time

 One day at a time, that's Boyd's motto.  He handles being married to me for eternity with that thought at the front of his mind every day.  He doesn't plan too far ahead because he says he isn't sure if he'll wake up in the morning.  His attitude used to drive me crazy, but lately I have found myself adopting it right along with him.  It makes this crazy life easier to handle.
 I found these on the camera one day.  Apparently, my husband had taken a stroll around the farm.
 And he found a few items that have been here for a very long time.


 Besides the weather, we have also been dealing with trespassers.  Sunday, we went to check the South farm and some idiot smoking a cigarette on a small motorbike with fat tires was driving right across the bottom of the corn field with Boyd storming towards him.  He was so casual about everything.  I can't believe Boyd didn't run him over, I sure wanted to do it! 
Then tonight I saw two totally camo decked out dudes walking down the road towards the house.  I spotted them at "Duck, No Duck" and they walked the road all the way to the corner where Norman's meets the railroad grade. They finally crossed over and trudged through the thicket on the other side of our fence.  I am sure they were hunting turkeys and that makes me so MAD!
 And he found a few birds also.



 Here is the current status of the flooding.
 And a few of Mary's tulips.

 Boyd got the lawn mowed and finished up the last little bit in a hail storm.
 The Bird Refuge is surviving high water.
 Sorry about the antenna in the photos.
Bring on tomorrow cause I'm taking eternity one day at a time!

1 comment:

  1. Good philosophy! When you think about it, I guess you can pretty much stand anything--good or bad for just one day, right?

    ReplyDelete

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.