Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Day In The Life

I awoke this morning to the sound of gunshots.  Today was the opening day of the waterfowl hunt.  I hate it!  At least most of the shooting was over by noon.  Boyd wanted to commemorate the day by cooking his famous breakfast over an open fire.   However, this required a trip to the grocery store in the daylight, something we never do.  To top it off, it was a 6 am-Noon case lot sale.  The store was UNBELIEVABLY CROWDED!  After finally getting out of the crowds, we came home just in time for the sun to be overhead and hot.  I bet it hit 90 degrees today.   Not a good day to be cooking in the corn pit.  The breakfast was good; bacon, potatoes, mushrooms, cheese, li'l smokies, etc.  It tastes good, but it always makes me sick.  I eat too much! 
All that is left to finish the roof project is the rain gutters.  The old house is finished including the new porch that Boyd built.



I have lived on this farm since Dec. of 2006 and just today I noticed that one post on the 2-ton shed had a number on it.  I can't count the number of times I have walked right past and not noticed. 

Just a quick shot of the pumpkin.
 And a really cool weed at the river.



This evening provided another beautiful sunset.  It would have been even better if I didn't have to put the goats away before I could get the camera. 

We ended the day with a campfire, just like the good old days working for the hunting club.
 I don't have the patience to enjoy it the way some people do.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - March 14th