Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Willard Peak - The Whole Story

The view from the top was amazing, awe-inspiring, unforgettable.  Good thing, because I'm not sure I ever want to go back again.  The drive was gorgeous, but the road is too narrow for my liking and the traffic was out of control.  Too many people, too little road space.  Sheer drop off cliffs, crazy drivers, speeding teenagers on 4-wheelers, made for a scary drive up.  The drive home in the dark was much calmer.  The mind-numbing edges were still there, but I couldn't see them.  The teenagers were gone and we only had to share passing space on the road with three people.  We walked along the trail that takes you to the top of the peak for a short distance.  Enough to get us both a little sick from the view.  We are both scared of heights and it makes your knees weak, or your ankles depending on who you are.   We did meet a guy who was scoping out the mountain goats for the hunt that opened in the morning.  If he hadn't been so friendly and helpful, I would have given him my speech on not killing animals. Anyway, enjoy the view from the safety of your computer.  It was hazy that evening, but still gorgeous. 














Car coming up the narrow road.










1 comment:

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.