Friday, October 22, 2010

It's En "tire" ly Time

Boyd has finally relented. He says he is so "tired" of me telling him it is time to end the contest, that today is the day.
We were going to make a detailed list, but posting that on the internet seemed to be an open invitation for theft, so...   if you're that interested, send me an e-mail or I will arrange a private tire tour.

The grand total is 127.  The winner is Coral with a guess of 118!  Congratulations!   Here's your prize...
You may choose between
 tractor (you choose the tractor) driving lessons wherein you can scoop all the goat poop you want, or
 a ride to the Spiral Jetty in the Bronco.   

The second part of the game was to estimate the cost of all the tires on the farm and even we had no idea.  We are guessing that we have around $25,000 in tires. If you just add up the cost of the tires on the two big tractors, it is around $11,000.  

This tire cost us $1600 last year.

 The cheapest tires on the farm belong to my little black cart.  It is cute, doesn't break and runs by dog power if necessary.
Thanks to everyone who entered a guess, but don't hold your breath for another contest. 

2 comments:

  1. Since I already have had the extreme pleasure of running a tractor/backhoe, and because it sounds like the most fun anyway and I've never seen one,I would absolutely love to see the spiral jetty and have another ride in the bouncing Bronco! Coral

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice! Let's do it before the snow gets deep.

    ReplyDelete

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.