Sunday, October 24, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away!!!

The rain needs to stop long enough to harvest the safflower.  It didn't rain while the safflower was trying to grow and now it won't stop raining so we can harvest what did survive.  
Gotta love the life of a farmer.  
Well, you gotta love it if you are the farmer's wife anyway.  Otherwise, you just want to run away screaming because you can't handle the stress.  If it weren't for the rainbows, sunsets and sunrises around here, I'm not sure I could take it.  I just tell myself it will all work out somehow, someway.  Besides, maybe we will find our pot of gold at the end of this rainbow!






P.S. Boyd took some of these photos. 

1 comment:

  1. Becca! Can I tell you how excited I was to see your blog link on Colleen's? I've just spent the greater portion of nap-time reading through your posts. You made my day! Scott and Anne told me about your "Summer Home" (they keep me updated). Your farm is beautiful, as are your pictures. Do you hire out? Seriously. I would love to do some family pictures out on a farm.
    Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.