Saturday, April 1, 2017

Miskin Scraper

Boyd has had this scraper for many years.  Various hitch designs didn't last, so it was parked and unused for a long time.   With all the rains and the fact that we no longer have a smaller land plane, Boyd decided to try once again to make a hitch that would work.

Knowing what didn't work in previous tries,  Boyd created a versatile and strong hitch.
 You can see in the photos that there are three options for attaching the scraper.  Since the tractor is so wide compared to the scraper, this will allow for scraping on either side or directly behind the tractor.

 And, I can't remember exactly what Boyd told me, but this hitch will attach quickly.  I am supposed to remember everything he tells me at all times so that when he dies, I will be appropriately informed. :)  I fail miserably at it, though.  I suppose that means he just can't die.

 Everything was set and ready to go, until he inflated the tires only to find a large slit in one of them.  After ordering, waiting for the tire to arrive and then waiting longer for the correct tire to arrive, he was able to try it out. 

 And, a bonus two photos of Boyd working on the tractor.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.