Monday, April 3, 2017

Garden Fence

The old garden fence was a pathetic hodge podge of random fencing pieces I scrounged around the farm.    But, it worked - for the previous goat herd.

It was obvious that something sturdier and taller would be necessary if I had any hope of harvesting from my garden this year.  We have many unused gates hanging (literally) around the farm.  We decided they would be perfect.

So, since my husband is ALWAYS willing and excited to help me with projects, he jumped at the chance to pound posts in the ground and move heavy gates around.   Not to mention, the fun times we had removing the old hardware to get the gates off their posts.

Good thing we have the trusty backhoe to help us move the gates to the garden.


 Once we got it finished, we needed to test it out.  So, Boyd brought the goats over.


Looks like it worked, everyone stayed outside the garden!
A view from the inside.

I suppose, if they can't eat what's inside, they will eat the backhoe.
We also had to push the wooden fence in to a more upright position and then attach some shorter paneling.  So far, it has worked and the fence hasn't started leaning again.
 And, one more view of most of the area.  It looks better and it works better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.