Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Bear Lake Birthday Drive


Each year for his birthday, my husband like to take a loop through Idaho and around Bear Lake. 
We start the journey with a breakfast of champions at a truck stop in Downey. 

Here's to another 58 years!
 Going across the pass - still so much snow yet to melt.

Bear Lake was windy and the water level was so high!

 This water will eventually become our irrigation water.
 Water hitting the picnic tables.
 And a sign warning of low water. ??? 
 This part of the boat dock was just floating out in the lake.
 Insane!  I wanted to yell for him to get back up on the road, but I knew that would just encourage him to get closer.  I couldn't believe there weren't signs warning to stay away.   He can't possibly be the only man to climb down for a better look.  I would have appreciated at least a simple warning against stupidity.





 Yes, he did walk out on the dock in the wind with the waves crashing hard.  I think he was testing his chances of living another year.



 It was a weird greenish, gray day.



 Then he decided to go out again with the video camera.

And, a video of the crazy weather day on the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.