Sunday, April 26, 2015

A New Herb Garden

April 21st marked the one year anniversary of my back surgery.    Last year I worked hard to get the garden in before my surgery knowing that I wouldn't be able to do much for a while.

This year, I celebrated the one year mark by working on the garden.   I had previously planted an herb garden at ground level and covered it with rocks.  It didn't do to well.  So, this year I decided to move it to this 8ftX8ft raised bed.  The size made it a pain to plant vegetables because you couldn't really get to anything without stepping on something else.

 So, I decided to use some pavers I had around and make an herb garden with convenient stepping stones.   I had 23 stones and just designed some sort of pattern that worked with that many stones.

 And, since I didn't do a good job labeling the herbs the last time around, I made sure to use some sort of marker that would be very visible. :)
 The only herb that survived some potent weed spray was the lavender.  Everything else I planted new.  We planted strawberries on the corners, but  I don't think they are going to make it.

 Found this little friend while I was working.
 I also bought these asters because they were just so cute!

 Gardening just makes me happy!  Even just sitting out in the garden relieves my stress.
 So far, everything but the strawberries are growing well.
 My cilantro is much bigger than this picture already and I need to harvest a bunch or two.
 I'm hoping it fills in and looks and smells amazing soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - March 14th