Monday, July 25, 2011

Today On The Farm

 A while ago I posted the above picture of my hammock.  Sadly, I don't get to spend much time relaxing in it.  I took a minute today and took a few shots of what I could see from my reclined position in the hot sun.
 There really are goats behind the weeds.

 The temple can be seen in the distance.

 My husband is bouncing like crazy working the weeds under in the field.


 No, I didn't see him from the hammock, but rather on our nightly walks.  We usually see a snake and a few deer.    Tonight, Jess spotted the snake first and freaked.  The snake slithered away from us, but towards the dogs.  When given the choice, it came back towards us.  I guess three girls are safer than three dogs.  Good choice, snake!
We walk almost every night, but something must have been different out tonight.  Buddy stopped at the culvert and started some eerie barking.  It freaked out the humans for certain and the other two dogs stopped dead in their tracks and listened to Buddy.  The dogs all stared out towards the weed covered field. It seemed he was warning all of us about something.  I called him over and he wagged his tail.  He seemed to be over it and so we went on.  Anyone who has been following the blog for a while is expecting some spooky experience or dangerous adventure, but nope.  Nothing happened.  Life around here has been pleasantly boring for a long time and I am not asking for it to change one bit.  Boring is good in my book.


 This pond is called "Duck, No Duck" because we play the odds on whether ducks will fly out of it or not.   It has also been named "Skunk Pond", but thankfully it hasn't earned that name in a while.

 The pond below is called, "Frog Pond" because, you guessed it, it has frogs in it.  Aren't we a creative bunch?
All pictures taken with my iPhone because I am too lazy to carry around a real camera.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your sense of humor in the narrative to this post. Classic Becca, is what I'd call it. I'm kind of ready for a spooky experience. See what you can do to have one. Boring gets old after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Eileen! Try to have a spooky experience you can tell us about. Give the people what they want.

    ReplyDelete

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.