Friday, July 29, 2011

Ever Have One of Those Days?


 Never brag about boredom as I did in the last post.  Here's what happens when life is going along pretty mellow.  This kind of day only happens to my husband.
 This account as told by Boyd

Once on a morning fair I ventured forth to seek my fortune and fame.  I headed to the South Farm to see how things looked and see how much money I was going to make today. I noticed excess water leaking from the canal in the spot where we had previously installed a new drain. Upon further inspection I noticed we had our own Old Faithful only instead of going up, it was going sideways.  We discovered that there was a rat hole in the canal. The water was gushing out of the canal and flowing straight down into our newly installed pipe going underneath and coming out and then hitting the edge of the ditch and draining back through the pipe and out to the slew.  This had to stop!  So the first people I called was the canal company and I just warned them that the $1000 extra that we had to spend to prevent muskrats from digging down to find out newly installed pipe had not worked at all.  We had to get the neighbor to turn his irrigation water down and the hole was about 10 inches down under the level of the canal.  We ran to get a canvas and threw over it, called the man who helped us install the pipe and he notified us that his backhoe was in Cache Valley and was going to be of no use, but he would be willing to come out.  As he sat there and watched the water drain out the hole, he kept trying to tell us how to fix it.  Well, the only problem was I kept asking him is there anything you can do, is there a machine you can borrow? Are you going to go get yours? Instead, he just sat and watched the water go down in the canal and out the pipe.  After a while I just finally had to say, "okay" and we called the canal company again and they had to send someone out who dug down, found the hole, compacted it and the whole thing was taken care of in about an hour.

As far as my account...  I got a call from Boyd telling me to be prepared to spend thousands because the canal was leaking bad and it was because of our new drain.   I was just sick!  Really?   All I said was don't hire so and so.  He agreed.  Next phone call said that the guy we wanted to fix it couldn't and he had to hire so and so after all.  UGGGHHHHH!   Now, I am even more upset and sick to my stomach than before.   So, I wait and wait to hear from Boyd again.  When he finally calls, the guy I didn't want to fix it actually did a great job and said he would bill the canal company and not us.  The canal company could then decide if they would pay it or pass it on to us and that it would only be about $400.  Later that afternoon the canal company called to say that they were going to pay it and not to worry.  So, after a day of worrying, it all turned out fine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.