Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Sunday Is Not A Day Of Rest

I try to rest my mind and body on Sunday.  It's tough because sometimes I have more un-Christlike thoughts during the three hours I am at church than any other time of the week.  Sunday was like that for me.  So, I spent time outside trying to readjust my attitude.

You might recall that last Sunday was the squirrel slaughter.  This Sunday wasn't any more peaceful.

It seems that something enticed Jasmine to the far corner of the straw shed.  Probably another squirrel!
Somehow though, she didn't get the squirrel, she just got stuck.

It's a really good thing that Buddy is such a loyal friend to her because I wouldn't have found her nearly so soon.  In fact, it was his whining and running from one side of the coop to the other that signaled a problem.

Her is what I saw when I finally found her.
Can you see her?  Clear at the farthest corner with just her head out, poor thing. 

HONESTLY!
This is the same dog the got stuck in the baler.  She crawled up through the shoot and was in the housing with all the metal tines that spin the hay around.  And, again, it was Buddy that led me right to her.  When we opened up the lid to let her out, she wasn't alone.  There was a squirrel in there with her.

She is also the dog that fell through the ice on the river.  Yep!  She's trouble!

I figured out how many bales I would have to move to get to her and how bent over I would be while moving them around and promptly phoned my husband.  He can't wait until I can get back to my usual capable self, I am sure!  But, I am recovering so well, I don't want to risk being stupid.

So, here is a video of the rescue.  



Next week is Stake Conference and Father's Day.  Keep your fingers crossed for a calm day!

1 comment:

  1. Entertaining post!!! I like your honesty about how you feel on Sundays. I've been there:). Boyd is a good guy, as I'm sure you know.

    ReplyDelete

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.