Sunday, June 22, 2014

Grandma Blanche's Rock

 My Grandma Blanche had a rock that was just outside the door to her screened in porch, that porch was my favorite part of her house.  Even if the smell from the pigs across the road was the strongest out of the porch, it was still my favorite spot.  There was an old couch, lumpy and saggy, plus pots and other stuff.  Really, you just never knew what surprises you might find on the porch.  Sometimes, I even got to sleep out on the porch. 
 I always thought the rock was from an Indian grinding stone that had been found on Blue Mountain.  It wasn't really, but I liked to think it anyway.
 When my grandma passed, I got two things from her house.  The rock and a plate.  She never had matching plates or silverware.  I loved choosing a plate from her many patterns. 
 The rock went from my condo, to my Willard house and now it lives in the herb garden.  Lately, it has been serving as a water dish for the dogs. Definitely an unlikely treasure, but a treasure nonetheless.

2 comments:

  1. I have a rock by my front rose bushes that used to be part of the foundation to my Grandma Lee's house out in Grouse Creek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, are you saying we are both a little off our "rock"er?

    ReplyDelete

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.