Monday, September 6, 2010

To think that I missed it...





Just last Saturday night, after watching Cops, I asked Boyd if we could move somewhere more exciting.  Nothing violent, creepy, or otherwise unsafe happens around here.  And when it does, I miss it.  Even when it is happening right in the corn fields nearby.   If you want to get accurate details, ask Jen, Laura, Anndee or Jessica, but here is the story as I remember it.   Somehow a man ran from the rest stop across the highway into one of the numerous corn fields around here.  For a couple of hours a slew of cops were looking for the guy.  My sisters and niece were heading into town, they watched a cop go north past Baird's and as they headed south, saw a cop waiting in a car up ahead.  They must of known something was up, but I don't think they expected what happened next.  Their attention was drawn to the canal road where they saw what they thought was a naked man running down the road.  The three who weren't driving looked back to confirm he was indeed naked.   Jen then pulls close to the cop car parked to the side of the road and says, "Hey, is that naked guy the person who you're looking for?"  Sure enough!   I bet the ride into town was more thrilling than the movie they saw.
1st Moral of the story:  A car full of females (including a minor) is better at finding a naked man than all the veteran male cops in the county.  
2nd Moral of the story: Complaining brings results. I complained (as noted in prior post) that I hadn't seen any deer.  The next morning I saw five.   I complained that our neighborhood was boring.  Couple of days later, we have a crazy, naked man.   Believe you me, I am going to start complaining incessantly about not having enough money.   $$$$$$$$$$$ here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - March 14th