Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fish Face





Well, fish neck is more like it.  And, I promise you, I am not making this stuff up!  I couldn't if I wanted to.
Look closely, that is a fish hanging
off of Buddy's neck.
 I tried to brush it off with a stick, but Buddy winced each time.  I knew I would need help, so I called Boyd hoping he hadn't left to go to the South Farm yet.  He said, "Whaaattt?", when I told him Buddy had a fish stuck to his face.  Yeah, I don't think he will answer too many more of my phone calls.
 We tried to pull it out, but we could tell it was really in there good.  Boyd told me to call the vet.  The vet said he had never seen a catfish actually penetrate the skin, it was probably just twisted in his hair.  Nope, one of the barbs, whiskers, whatever you call them, was INSIDE his skin.   He said we should get pliers if we had to, but that we could just pull it out.  
 So, after pulling chunk,
 after chunk off, we finally got to the last part.   And it did require pliers.  I held Buddy's head and skin, while Boyd pulled.  This is what came out.  It is about 1 1/2 inches long and was completely embedded in the dogs neck. 

   My hands smelled like dead fish and soap and water wasn't cutting it.  I tried a little vinegar and now I smell like a pickle!

Jasmin caused her own trouble at the river.  She ended up covered in burrs.   Gotta love it!




1 comment:

  1. What an adventure....if I'm ever in need of help...I'm calling you!

    ReplyDelete

Clouds - March 14th