Monday, September 6, 2010

Oh Deer!



Just last night, my sisters and I were commenting on how we hadn't seen any deer for a long while.  Mother Nature must have heard us because this morning I saw five.  I make it a habit to survey the farm as I walk out to do chores.  I want to be prepared in case there is something roaming around that my dogs would be likely to chase.  I looked way ahead to the bottom of the pasture and I wondered if that brown bush had always been there.  As I focused on the bush, it took off running.  Scared me to death and I wasn't even close.  That deer joined with four others, who wisely moved on out.  When I let the dogs out, Jasmine saw them, stared at them, but didn't bother chasing them. And yes, I broke my rule of "Always Carry a Camera" this morning.  So, these are deer that I have seen on the farm, but they may or may not be the ones I saw this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.