Monday, June 1, 2015

Finishing Off May

 Just some things I didn't get around to posting.

 We have a multitude of squirrels again.  Either that or one very active squirrel that seems to be everywhere.  This image of Jasmine going 100 miles an hour towards the chicken coop is a very common occurrence.  She has yet to catch it (them).  Even when Buddy helps by biting chunks out of my garden shelving, pulling all the items off the shelf and digging huge holes, they can't seem to get the squirrel.  Yesterday, it was in the tractor.  On Sunday.  Always on Sunday.  It survived to live another day.
My Buddy.  He is 14.5 years old and he is starting to show it.  Really don't know how much longer he will last.  One second he acts like it is his last breath and the next he is racing ahead of Jasmine to beat her to the squirrels.
He's getting a little senile, going deaf and blind or all of the above.  He insists on knowing where I am at all times.  The other day he lost track of me, even though I was nearby.  He raced up the hill, to the back door, to the chicken coop, to the goat pen and down through the pasture and was heading down to the end of the lane.  The whole time both Boyd and I are yelling for him, I'm waving my arms and even Jasmine was barking, trying to get his attention.  I had to ride my bike to catch up with him and let him see me.  Like I said, some minutes he acts like a young pup running to find me and other times he can't stop panting and walks like his hips hurt. 
 And, then there is this!  What makes this trail through the newly planted safflower you wonder?  How about a very busy body Golden Retriever dog who barks at and chases anything new.  She chases off birds, cats, turkeys, people in boats,  or people innocently walking on the bank across the river and even barks at the cows across the river when they return to graze.  She knows what belongs where on this farm and loudly announces any changes!
 And this guy is mostly nice and mostly patient with them even though they do things to his farm he doesn't approve of.  Lucky guy gets to take care of them for a week at the end of the month if I decided to go to Oregon with the family.

 I've been trying to hard to brush out their winter coat so they aren't dying of heat.  Buddy doesn't like to cooperate, but Jasmine will usually just roll over and let me brush her for hours.

 And, one of the MANY graves we decorated for Memorial Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - March 14th