Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Red-Headed Girl

Sometimes raccoons and skunks and squirrels and the like invade parts of the farm where they aren't welcome.  Which, really, if you think about the fact that we live on about 90 acres and only take issue with them if they hang out around the one or so acres at the house, we are being more than fair.  
And, if they weren't so destructive, we might even let them stay.  Okay, I would.  Boyd, not so much.
The lucky thing for us and them is that when Boyd inflicts lead poisoning on them, they get to go live with this nice little red-headed girl in town.   That's what he tells me anyway, especially when I am so sad that they have to be dealt with.   He says that the cute red-headed girl with the pig tails and compassionate heart takes really good care of them.   I so hope he is right.

Because the little red-headed girl got 5 more raccoons last week.

Yeah,  two came right past the house.  Then one morning, I went to let out the dogs out and Jasmine was going crazy.  She was barking and spinning in the pen and pacing.  When I opened the gate she was off like a shot.  I just hoped it was a squirrel and not a skunk.   Turns out I was wrong on both counts. 

Three racoons all on the top of the power pole thanks to Jasmine.  



Sure hope they are happy at their new home. 

P.S.  While helping Boyd water corn I had a lovely encounter with a skunk.  Lovely, simply because I came away without getting sprayed.  Thank you skunk!  I really appreciate it and so do all the people I work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.