Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Crop Update

It is getting close to harvest time.  
We have already sold 1st and 2nd crop hay and have 3rd crop spoken for.
The safflower has gone from bloom to dried out.  It really is pretty when it is in flower.
 The corn is doing well.  Boyd just finished watering for what he thinks will be the last time this year.

 The apples are so tricky, they are growing limbs out of the fruit.   Boyd found this apple, kind of crazy!  Notice the two dogs in the bottom right of the photo.
 I tried tor replant aloe vera and didn't do well.  Then one day I found this growing in the hot chicken coop.   I guess I shouldn't try so hard.
 The cherry tomato plants are easily 5 ft tall and loaded with fruit.
 I am down to only one zucchini.  So sad!
 The none cherry tomatoes are struggling to not have a rot problem on the blossom end.
 Spaghetti squash=producing.  Watermelon, cantaloupe and cucumbers=barely growing.
 Just another view.
 This plant came from Jen because she wasn't in a mood to take care of them.  I have never seen Coleus go to seed and blossom.  It is so fun, but it is growing like crazy.
 Please ignore the dirty window, but isn't that a gorgeous color?
 I bought some cactus plants a while back because everything else I planted grew too fast for the containers. 
This particular cactus bothered Boyd from the day I brought it home.  He says it pains him to look at it. :)    He became very disturbed to note that it is the only cactus that is obviously growing.  I swear it adds a centimeter a week to its height.
 And, my house aloe plant is also getting new starts.   Yep, let's hope to keep up the good harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.