Sunday, August 26, 2012

Here's the Deal

Here's the deal with my lack of posts... my job is killing me.  It is consuming my time and my mind.  I realize that since last summer, my posts have decreased in frequency and entertainment value.  Two things happened last summer; my mom came home from her mission and I got this new job.  I was really good at posting for my mom's sake.  She kept me motivated.  Right after we got back from our mini trip to pick her up, I started my new job.  No more summers off!  
Just a few weeks ago, they did some rearranging of responsibilities and I went from being the online teacher to being the online teacher/coordinator.   That means that I have the responsibilities of the administrator over the school.   And, no, I didn't get a pay raise.   That seems to be the first question people ask when they find out about the changes.   Which reminds me of a quote my mom always had to remind me of, "Life isn't fair!"   I am actually enjoying being "in charge".  Kind of matches my personality, but the time it takes is killing me.  We are making some headway into getting me some help, but it just hasn't happened yet and school starts in one week.  I keep thinking that it has got to get easier once I get everything in place the way I want to.  Until then, I will have to learn to let go.  Just like another great piece of advice my friend Kathryn shared with me years ago, "When you are feeling overwhelmed, lower your expectations".  I am going to have to do that this next week.  I am going to have to expect to have less curriculum ready.  I will just have enough for the first week and go from there.   I have to thank my fabulous husband for helping me to relax and worrying about me.  He has been so helpful, I really appreciate it. 
Wednesday night, we took a trip to the South Farm to drop off a vehicle for the hay cutting.  
Thursday we took a tour of the Brigham Temple.  Beautiful building, but lousy transportation.
Friday we met Boyd's cousin and family from California and then we went to the fair.
Saturday we did the cheese and cookie run to Logan.  I slept the whole way to Logan and while Boyd went in the grocery store and then I slept when we got home.  That wasn't in the plan, but my body must have needed it.
Anyway, here are some scenes from Wednesday night.

Alfalfa in bloom is really pretty.

 Boyd hauled gravel to make traversing this pipe safer.
 The dogs loved the canal swim.



 The drain is still draining.























1 comment:

  1. I am very thankful for all of the time sacrifices you have made for your career. My 6th grade year has many vivid memories in my mind. I can still remember our science lesson on vacuums, how we watched lake Loch Ness live for a day, the great amount of time we spent working on publishing our own books, when one boy came in with cow poop on his boots and you sat beside him and could hardly notice the smell, and how you were the first teacher at West Clinton to know how to use the giant digital camera. There are many many more, but this is supposed to be a comment, not a post. ;)

    You are very talented in so many areas! I think your photography skills are amazing! Thank you for all you do, I know that you have had a great impact on not only my life, but many others.

    ReplyDelete

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.