Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Little Known Fact

We have a piece of land (about 8+ acres) that is accessible only to the truly adventurous.  You either have to wade, swim, or wait for a good hard freeze to get to it.
I have only set foot on it once.  Boyd happened to wander over there one day when the water was hard and the getting there was easier.
 The fence post is sucking water out of the ground, what is left is salt on the post.

 The fence line of the property looking west.

 Looking east.
 The reason why it is hard to access.
 The view of the land from the canal road.  Check out the mess you have to cross to get there.

 It is basically triangular shaped.  The property ends at the big bunch of trees on the right of the photo.


 This was my view when I decided that I didn't want to get across bad enough.
 And, the off road vehicle that got us that far.

1 comment:

  1. It's perfectly obvious to anyone looking at these pictures that you need a helicopter to access that land. When you get one could faithful blog readers have a ride?

    ReplyDelete

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.