Saturday, May 7, 2011

I Looked Out the Window

and what did I see?     Nope, not popcorn popping on the apricot tree (that's over and done with), but...

turkeys, right out front in the driveway.   I had watched them wander through the fields all morning.  I guess they were waiting for me to go inside and get ready for the funeral, because they came soon after  I went in the house.   Boyd has seen one or so wander past the house close for a few days now.  Laura says he must have been the scout and went back and told his buddies to come on over.
They are the strangest birds.   And not to jinx us, but since the open turkey hunt has started, we haven't had any trespassers.   Go figure.







And just as a totally unrelated and completely disgusting end to this post, Buddy was rolling on a dead rat right on the front lawn.   I am certain that is NOT where it died, but that Jasmin found it and brought it over as another one of her "gifts".    It stunk and now so does my dog.  Of course, I petted him before I smelled him and before Boyd told me what was happening.  How many diseases can a person get from a decomposing rat carcass?  I'm sure Tutu would've been able to tell me.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you endure the "gifts" that Jasmine brings you all the time--especially the snakes. You are a trooper:).

    ReplyDelete

Clouds - March 14th