Sunday, May 29, 2011

Fly By

I found this buried in the straw where we store the bales.  I can't believe it didn't get stepped on and broken for as many times as I have been in and out of the chicken coop lately. At first, I thought it was a goose egg.  Boyd suggested turkey and according to my google search, I think he is right.

Remember the picture of the birds' nest on the landscape rake?  Lately, anytime I walk near the chicken coop I get my head buzzed by a robin.  Freaky I tell you!!!!   Good thing I wear glasses, because I am afraid the bird will literally poke my eye out.  It lifts my hair with its wings as it zooms just above me.  Well, I needed the landscape rake and so I carefully took it down and peeled off the nest.  The three birds inside looked dead, but they were slightly breathing.  I put the nest back where it was minus the rake and hoped for the best.  I didn't know if the babies would be abandoned or not.   Seems like all is well because I am still being attacked by a  pair of robins.  Hope the birds make it.  They have many enemies including my dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - March 14th