Thursday, May 5, 2011

Explain this...

  • How does my dog know when the squirrel is ripe?  She unburied the latest catch and proudly carried it around this evening.  Too bad for her, I took it away and gave it a burial at sea or river to be exact. 
  • How is it that the water dishes were frozen over this morning, but this evening I could stay outside until 8:00 without needing so much as a sweatshirt?  Last night I wore insulated coveralls and my hands were frozen!
  • How is it that the bugs can hatch so quickly?   No bugs when it is cold and millions of the pesky things when it warms up.
  • How is it that my goat (never had kids) is "bagging up" and she isn't pregnant?   She has been getting bigger over the last three weeks or so, but tonight things seem to have doubled.  Of course, I have googled it and it can happen.   I don't know if the picture will be easy to see or not, but she is certainly filling up.  I also read stories of magical pregnancies where goats can become pregnant without explanation.  She has lived with the same three wethered males since she was born (6 years).   Time will tell I guess. 

2 comments:

  1. I hate those pesky mysterious pregnancies! hehehe just kidding...I totally know how I got pregnant!

    ReplyDelete

Clouds - March 14th