Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Random Happenings

These must be the lazy days of summer.   This is all the news I could muster.

Boyd and Gilligan.   

 Boyd has been watering two streams.  He looks tired, doesn't he?



 The safflower is coming into flower.  It really needs a rainstorm before it is too late.

 I don't know what this is from exactly.  I just found it under the summer home when I finally brought myself to take it down.  Maybe I had such bad luck with the tent because I erected my home on an ancient animal burial ground.  Who knows?


 This skeleton is from a carp.  I took it away from Jasmine and put it in a tree because I didn't want her to eat it.  She didn't care, she just found more.  We seem to have an abundance of dead carp this year.



Certainly the best news of all, RIPE TOMATOES!   Finally!  I did set a new record.  One for the latest day to ever have a ripe tomato.  I picked them on Aug. 2, but I bet they were ripe on the 1st.   Still, what a pathetic crop so far.  I have asked others, and they are having the same struggle.  At least it makes me feel a little better to know I am not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.