Saturday, August 14, 2010

A boat? A plane? The groom for the wedding across the street?


 These geese were in the neighbors field the night Kathryn and Julie had the ride of their lives in the Bronco. 
  This morning this came flying over the farm, not an every day occurrence I assure you. 


It sounded like a boat and Jasmine went off to chase it, but instead of looking towards the river, she was looking up, which got me curious.  Sure enough, here it came, right over the top of the farm.  I seriously thought the groom (there really was a wedding happening across the street) might be arriving via ultralight.   The music was already playing and it seemed so scheduled.  The ultralight even flew right over their house and the music stopped. Alas, it appears it was just an ugly coincidence.  Once the very loud ultralight had moved on, the music began again.
Boyd has also started trapping again.  I hate it, but I just pretend the animals are happier dead in animal heaven.  So far we have caught three squirrels and one skunk in the raccoon trap. Boyd bought some fancy squirrel traps last year and hardly caught any squirrels.   However, a nice big raccoon trap and some cat food seems to work well. 
Last night during the 3:00 am water change a very small fox came down the ditch bank and stopped right across the water from Boyd. It stared at him for a long time and then ran off.  As much as I would like to have seen the fox, I would have been heading away from two small eyeballs approaching me in the dark.  My first guess would have been skunk and I would have been out of there.  I suppose after you have been sprayed as many times as Boyd has it doesn't deter you from your irrigation duties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.