Saturday, March 27, 2010

Time for a pedicure

The only downside of owning goats and not having a rugged, rocky cliff for them to climb on is that you have to trim their hooves.  Even this wouldn't be so odious if they would be more cooperative.  I have seen pictures in goat handling books where the person sets the goat on his rump and trims from behind.  I don't see how you can do that and not get gored by the horns.  I am more successful by rolling the goat on its back and holding a couple of legs together.  Neither the goats nor I love this method, but it gets the job done.  They aren't hurt even though they loudly protest.  Let me know if you feel more sorry for the goat or for me!
Jersey getting a little love and sympathy from Sage.



Fauna, the shortest and roundest of all the goats.



Poor Sage getting flipped over.

Thanks to my nice husband for taking the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - March 14th