Friday, March 5, 2010

A Stuck Truck

I stayed home Monday with my annual "the weather is changing so I should be sick" cold.   Boyd left me to go trim some trees on the other farm and told me he would be home soon because if he stayed too long and the frost melted, he would be stuck.  Yeah, you guessed it.  The phone rang around 10:00 a.m.  and my husband timidly asked me if I felt good enough to come get him. 
 
It is hard to tell from the photo, but the canal road was VERY muddy.  He was only 8 ft away from reaching the dry road and he just happened to slide at the only spot with something in the way. 

 
He slid right into the gate post.

 
A nice, snug fit!

 
The next morning, with the frost firming up the road, Boyd and his tractor, gently pulled the back end of the truck from the post and the truck was easily driven out of the mess.  A special thanks to Steve, the owner of the hayfield Boyd had to drive on in the tractor and the owner of the gate and post, for being so understanding.

Boyd isn't the only one who has gotten stuck on the canal road. 
 
  
Nor is it the only time he has been stuck.

 
  
   And, sadly, I am sure there will be many more moments like this to come.

2 comments:

  1. Paul said, "I thought it was just me that ever got stuck". These are great photos....we love 'em and can sure relate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing the pictures after the funny story the other day! It was so good to see you both. I think coming back to get your computer was the least he could do for your gallant rescue efforts, when you weren't feeling well! ;) He is so lucky to have Becca the Great in his corner!

    ReplyDelete

Clouds - March 14th