Friday, May 16, 2014

Two Bird Brains Are Smarter Than Me

 I thought I would outsmart the robins who build a nest in my garden shed every year.
 They had previously built it on my landscape rake.
 So, I wisely took down the rake early this spring thinking I had solved the problem.
 I don't mind robins building nests, even in my shed.
 The problem is that they won't let me enter.  They dive bomb my head every time.
 I like my eyes and don't want them poked out by a bird's beak.
 Well, I am not smarter than two bird brains because they just moved the nest to right above the door jam.
 So, now, instead of the nest being where I can see whether it is occupied or not, it is hidden. 
 I have to walk in as low as I can and hope for the best.
 Good thing the eggs have hatched.
 And, soon these little birds will be flying and out of the nest.
 Good luck to all of us!
 Here's hoping the nest is empty soon!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so confused--is it "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush or a bird on the head is worth two in the nest?"

    ReplyDelete

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.