Friday, May 2, 2014

The First Mile

 My surgeon wanted me to be able to walk a mile by two weeks post surgery.  I have been walking a lot!  Many trips out to the garden, goats, dogs, etc.  I made a 1/2 mile the other day.  So, yesterday, May 1st, I did it!  I walked a mile.

 It was such a pretty day.  Just a slight breeze, not the heavy winds we had been experiencing most of the week.
 This is a view of frog pond. 


 This is what the inside of the ditches look like.  Not an easy task to burn.
 Duck, No Duck.  So named because we always try to predict whether or not a pair of ducks will take off and scare the bejeebers out of you.  Yep, this trip they flew off and made me jump.  Not a good sensation when you have just had back surgery.
 It is also sometimes called Skunk pond, since we have encountered more than one skunk here.  This is also where the momma fox and her kits had their den.


  My husband was on a pyro kick trying to clear the weeds out of the ditches.


 Later that day, I let the goats out to eat.  They were nothing but trouble and were constantly heading for the alfalfa.
 Often, you can get them to settle down and eat in the orchard, but not yesterday.

 They had their minds made up and soon found themselves locked up early because of it.

Hoping for another mile or more today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.