Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Best Christmas Gift

Early in December, Boyd asked me repeatedly what I wanted for Christmas.  I told him I wanted him to do something nice for me that he couldn't buy in a store.  Well, he didn't like that idea at all.  I guess being a broken record paid off, because I came home from work one night to find an early Christmas present waiting.  
This is a solar powered light that worked when we first installed it, but had since broken.  The solar panel was held at an angle by plastic and at some point broke off and made it useless. 
 Boyd welded this bracket, changed out the switch, rewired necessary wires and waa laa!
 I have a fully functioning solar light.  It works better than ever and I love the on/off switch.  Before it was on some sort of timer and I couldn't get it to stay on as long as I wanted.  Now, it stays on as long as I need it to.  I LOVE IT!
It took him all day and I don't know how many trips to town and swear words, but it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - March 14th