Sunday, May 20, 2012

Let's See

Well, now...
Let's see what's been going on around here according to my iPhone.


The Colonel.  I came home from work one day and he was wearing this hat and the sunglasses and he told me to just call him the Colonel.  Ummm, okay????

Jasmine getting her belly rubbed.  Nough said.

Purple potato bug found at my work by a kid while waiting for his mom to pick him up from testing.
 It really is purple.

The safflower is up from both plantings.  You maybe can't tell from the picture, but the farthest field was planted a few weeks earlier than the closest field.  All fields are coming in nicely and the recent rain was a blessing from heaven.

I weeded the herb garden and put down some landscape fabric.  I wanted to cover it with river rock, but when I proposed buying rocks my husband came unglued.  "Who ever heard of buying rocks?!"  said the farmer who has spent many a time throwing rocks out of the fields.  So instead, I set about trying to find all the rocks on the farm.  Boyd helped because his backhoe could be involved. 


 We were even going to get the rocks on the far side of the farm, but didn't get over there since we were finding plenty other places.

Just Jasmine swimming in frog pond. 

And back to the rocks.  This is the big one from the backhoe pictures above. 

 I pushed and prodded until I got it over where I wanted it.  You can see how many rocks we found.


My chives waiting to get transplanted to their new home. 


My view stopped on the freeway.  Gotta love my commute.

Happy dogs cooling off. 

 Maggie retrieving sticks and Buddy herding her back to shore.   Maggie not only fetched the stick I threw, but the bigger limb that was floating down stream all in one retrieval. 

And, my attempt at eclipse photos.  It looked much better with my eyes than my camera.   We used Boyd's welding helmet.  He was nice enough to share with Jen, Jess, Mom and Laura.  What a kind guy!!




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can always count on you to keep up with core stuff. I was playing with my grandboys and missed the clouds covering the eclipse. Check out Kid's Blog for some amazing improvement. Love, and miss you, Co

      Delete

Clouds - March 14th