Friday, May 11, 2012

I'm Alive

 The river is low.
 It's growing great microbes.  Too bad I don't have 32+ curious 6th graders to help me look for cool pond life under microscopes anymore.
 Squash
 And more squash.

 The squash above started out like these cantaloupe and watermelons, in an egg carton in the kitchen window.   The idea was great, but I didn't have enough Wall-o-Waters to plant them separately.  I have since bought more and transplanted them the other day.  I don't think they will all make it.  Oh well!  I can plant in a week or two when the frost is gone.
And my poor furry Golden Retriever cooling off.  Prior to this she was panting in the skinny sliver of shade provided by my raised bed box.  Not enough shade and so she got a well-deserved a trip to the river. 

I've set another goal to post more often.  We'll see how it goes.  Somewhere I have video of the land plane in its debut performance.  That should keep you all in a state of high anticipation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - March 14th