Monday, May 14, 2012

Good Eaters

 My mom has cows on her land.  They get to eat her weeds.
 I wish we had cows on our farm.  We could, heaven knows we have the space and the feed.
 We just have one big problem...   it's a phrase.   GOOD EATERS
 One day last year, while I was petting this cow's predecessor, Boyd and I had a conversation that went something like this...
Me:  Let's get some cows like this. 
Boyd: Okay, they make good eaters.
Me: Yeah, and we have plenty of weeds for them to eat.
Boyd: (Looking at me weird and then laughing.) That's not what I meant.
Me: (Finally getting his intentions.)  NO!!!!!



 How could you eat these beauties after raising them?  They are so gentle.
 See the cockle-burs on her head?
 Now, you don't.  That's because she allowed me to walk right up and pull those burs off her head.  No hesitation, no fear, completely docile.
 I just love them!

 Yep, one day I will have cows on my rescue farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - March 14th