Thursday, June 16, 2011

Life back at home.

Note:  I added some pictures of the Hibshmans to the post of Day 1,  go check them out.  Thanks again to them for the much needed rest stop and refreshments. 


This is what Boyd looked like when he picked me up the night we got home from vacation.  He had been cleaning off his new/used tractor and thinks it is funny to be so dirty.  And, since the tractor came from a dairy farm, he didn't just look dirty, he had a certain aroma about him also.

So, Boyd informed me that I am once again slacking.  Sorry about the lack of posts, I have been busy trying to relax.  Monday, my mom and I went to American Fork to see Melissa.  I have been doing a few things in my mom's yard and we finally got a teeny, tiny garden planted.  Let's just hope it grows and matures extra fast!   I have been working around here and finally got the flowers planted and my herb garden weeded among other tedious chores.  Buddy is still having seizures and I can't decide if the medication I can put him on will do him good or cause more harm.  I don't think they are more frequent than three or so weeks apart.   Jasmin is still chasing turkeys and one day she treed the same turkey four times!  This same turkey would just lay in the lane on the dirt road and take a nap, I guess. 


Tuesday, some idiot decided to bring his boat into the flooded area of the dog park.  He had a dog and a little girl with him.  They stayed for quite a while and if that wasn't annoying enough, he then took a nice long leak off the back of his boat!!!   We were sitting on the hill by our house and had been watching him since he came in on the farm, so at that point I stood up and yelled, "Bravo!"  a few times.  He turned around and waved in acknowledgement.  Really????    Then he set some lines with fish chunks and worms and left.  Boyd went down on the 4-wheeler and fished them out.

At this point, I decided to call the Fish and Game, because I am peeved.  The nice woman told me that he was indeed trespassing because what is now under water is a flood plain since it isn't usually under water.   We could call the Sheriff and get them to leave, but we would be better off to post "No Trespassing" signs.   Don't even know if those will work, but I may resort to stringing a rope between the two trees that anchor the opening from the river to the farm and hang a sign off the rope.  I am just waiting for the man's pee to really dissolve before I enter that area!  Also, anyone fishing with set lines has to have a permit and the lines should be tagged with that information.  This one wasn't!   
Those are a few of the random things that have been happening around here.  The weather has been nice, and dare I say, a little cold???  
Coming soon...  a post about my husband's most recent purchase.

1 comment:

  1. I knew you must be busy. Enjoyed all the trip pics and narratives. There's no place like home, though, right?

    ReplyDelete

Clouds - March 14th