Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Library - Day 2

Yeah, I skipped day one for now.  It was a killer 27 hour driving marathon which culminated in giving my mother a heart attack by a surprise arrival. 


The following day we went for a tour of her library.  The people, other missionaries and library workers ALL told us she was a slave driver and the BOSS!  Hmmm....  wonder if that could explain a few things about me?  Everyone just loves my mom there and they were sad to see her go.

Love the sign Kenny is leaning against.

A special Abraham Lincoln collection.  Special permission entrance only.

Top secret passageway to my mom's area.

Various pieces of equipment she used.


Random cool books.





 More Lincoln

Where mom maintained her sanity reading and checking out movies for the long weekends and holidays.





We all tried to find the piece of art that best expressed each one of us.














Mom, explaining what she did.

And again, for those who didn't get it the first time.

She had a hard time choosing from the millions of books.


These are big book shelves that open and then slide closed against each other to save space.

Trying to get squashed.



Losing interest.

And she's done!

3 comments:

  1. I hope your Mom is sufficiently recovered from her heart attack. She looks healthy in the photos. Glad to have you back. It's been a couple of days since I checked up on you. Glad to have something interesting to look at. Enjoy the trip back:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I had pictured a much smaller library and was startled at how big it is. I'm glad you got to make the trip and surprise your Mom. That's fun! Love the "matching" pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super pictures.
    Where are the pictures of the rest of the trip.
    You can email them to me you know.
    Send all the good stuff.
    Sister Sybil

    ReplyDelete

Clouds - March 14th