Friday, November 12, 2010

Leaf It To Boyd

Boyd gets on my case when I don't post often enough.  So, all of you who check frequently need to send him a thank you in the comments section.  The pictures in this post were taken by him and he informed me when I got home tonight that he had a post ready to go. 
We have two big walnut trees close to the house on the Northeast side.  Yesterday, the trees decided it was time to drop the leaves and they did just that over a space of four hours.  Boyd took these pictures when he HEARD the leaves dropping. He said he wished he had video so you could hear how loud it was.  It sounded like birds were in the trees, but it was really the leaves dropping. 

 You can see how many leaves were on the tree when he took the first pictures.



 And then look at the same tree four hours later.  That is a pretty drastic change!
This is a picture Boyd took of the dog run.  Not too impressive until you find out he was standing in the middle of the hayfield.  I think he likes my new lens almost as much as I do!
A special thanks to Boyd for doing my chores, walking my dogs, feeding all my animals while I have had to stay late at school all week! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm up in the night and thought I'd check out the dismal land on the computer. I was rewarded with TWO posts. Thanks, Boyd, for keeping Becca on task. Thanks for the pics from both of you. AND, thanks for the entertaining narratives that accompany your pics. Interesting about the visitors. Life on the farm sounds enviable compared to my citified existence:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to Boyd to keep the pictures coming. I do enjoy them and am glad I am his only mother-in-law. Mom or Sister Mom

    ReplyDelete

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.