Saturday, July 6, 2019

Emmy's Birth Pre-Epidural

Images from Emmy's birth.  Of course there are many details I could add, but it isn't my story to tell. I will simply insert a few comments here and there.

Jen and I arrived at the hospital around 11:00 PM on the night of July 4th.  We knew we were in for a long wait, but there was no way I was going to miss the birth.  C'mon, I mean we had been in Texas waiting, waiting, waiting since June 25th. It would be the dumbest decision ever to be 10 minutes away and not make it in time.  It would have been just our luck for the baby to come fast and miss it.  I wasn't about to let that happen.





 Jen pretty much hid out in this corner the whole time. 





 Sid, Jen and I each seemed to take a turn reading the graph like we actually understood what it meant. :)  Sid probably really did. 



 When we arrived Jess was in a significant amount of pain and was definitely feeling each and every contraction.  Sid was a rock star!  Patient, supportive, and calm.

Take note of the mini fan on the table.  Jen brought that for me to survive the car trip, but it was Jess who ended up using it.






 Jen doing her best to not focus on the pain Jess was experiencing.








Up next, happier moments after the epidural kicked in.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.