Tuesday, October 31, 2017

It Could'a Been a Good Ride

The weather was perfect, the river was calm and I thought I had a brilliant idea. A fall afternoon boat ride!
 Seemed like a wonderful time to launch the neglected boat.
First go round, Boyd and Laddie and Jazmin and I all headed out.  The dogs kept shifting position and Boyd had to be the counter balance.  
 I finally got the oars settled and we headed up stream only to hear the goats bleating through the tall weeds.  Seems they were insistent on coming along.
 I rowed us back to shore and Boyd hopped out.
 So, now the two dogs and I tried again.
 I struggled with the oars, the dogs wouldn't settle down and I decided it was not the peaceful and relaxing adventure I had hoped it would be.  So, I came back to the bank and called it quits!
 The 20 minutes or so I was out on the water had moments of beauty.





 Next time, I think I will just take myself and Boyd.  All 4-legged creatures will be left behind.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - March 14th