Saturday, September 2, 2017

One and Only Boat Trip... So Far

We've only been out in the row boat once so far this summer.  We couldn't even get to the river until the first part of July.  Then, I had to convince my husband to install the new oar locks he got me for Christmas.  Not to mention that this is has been the hottest summer on record and rowing a boat with the sun beating off the water isn't my idea of a good time.

Hopefully, September manages to cool off at some point and I will be more motivated to get on the water.

The one and only time we went was the second time ever for Laddie.  Jasmine is a pro at it, she loves the canoe or the row boat.  Whichever one, just as long as she isn't left behind.

Laddie REFUSED to cooperate when we tried the canoe.  He would only hop in if he could jump straight on my lap.  If I tried to coax him to sit in the canoe with Jasmine, he just hopped right back out.

The boat was different.  This he was willing to climb in and stay in. The only problem was both dogs would stand on the same side, shifting the balance of the boat.  I found myself sliding along the bench opposite of them to keep things stable.  I suppose that just gave me more exercise which is why I do it anyway.




 I would have more pictures of Jasmine, but she likes to ride up front which is at my back.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - March 14th