Sunday, January 1, 2012

Twenty-Twelve

 I follow a fair amount of blogs. Some are teacher blogs, mostly tech related.
  Others are farm blogs, mostly people with goats and llamas.
 Of course, I follow the blogs of people I know.  I also follow the blogs of people I don't know and don't even have similar interests.
 I follow one particular Mormon mommy blogger and there isn't anything about her life I want. I don't want to live in the city.  I don't want to only have posts about what place I went to eat at last.   And I certainly don't want to be a fashionista who wears mustard yellow tights.   I think I follow these blogs mostly so that I appreciate my life more.
I'd rather wear my insulated coveralls and take pictures of the same farm.
Day after day after day.
 Anyway, these blogs I follow have been posting their hopes for the new year as well as their favorite posts from the past year.
 I don't want to do either.
 Mostly because my posts all look very similar. 
 Dogs, goats, and landscapes with a bit of wildlife tossed in for good measure.
And, for better or worse, my hopes for 2012 are that things stay the same.
 Because what I had last year, I want to keep for the new year.
Maybe I will venture off the farm with my camera on occasion.
Maybe I will improve my skills as a photographer.

But I can guarantee you that you will still see plenty of the same old, same old.




And I think that is just how it should be.

3 comments:

  1. This post was so like you. I loved it:)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! It's so conversational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post! There's a lot of wisdom in your words.

    ReplyDelete

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.