Saturday, January 28, 2012

Thin Ice

And other random updates.

We walked down to the dog park today.
 The river has been high this winter.  Right now it is down a little and that makes for some interesting ice shells.
 This silly dog is trying to see how far out she can get.
 Remember, she is the one who fell in the river one year and I had to save her.  Then Boyd had to save me.  Fun times!
Buddy is smart enough to stick to open water.
 But not smart enough to avoid rolling in dead things.  Yeah, now I have one dog that smells like a skunk and another that smells like the walking dead.  FYI, Buddy has been on seizure medication since November.  The medication stopped his seizures, but now he drinks a lot, eats a lot and is constipated.  Oh, the joys!  He eats pumpkin puree for the constipation and it works wonderfully.
 Boyd tells me that my cowboy heritage has done me no favors.
 I tend to turn one foot out at a sharp angle when I walk.
 And the goats want to go on record for predicting a mild winter.  They still haven't poofed.
 They don't love the mud the warm winter brings, but do enjoy a nice snack of pine needles.
That's it for random news around here.  Well, one more tidbit. Boyd and I have been taking turns having a cold. I don't even spend my days with kid germs hitch-hiking a ride home, so I don't know where we got this round of illness.

1 comment:

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.