Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Matter of Trust

Sometimes you just have to trust that bad things won't happen.   That is hard for me.  I worry about all the little things that could go wrong and try to make plans to avoid anything bad happening.

Lately I have been trusting the goats to stay in the totally make-shift and haphazard area I have tried to fence off for them.  Even more recently, I have decided to let the dogs out and off leash when the goats are out.  There are endless ways wherein the two could encounter each other, but so far so good.  Buddy stays up top where there is actually a pretend kind of fence and so do the goats.  Both could wander down the hill and cross the wide open nothingness that exists at the bottom.  Chaos would most certainly ensue if they met.   My new work schedule has forced me to make these changes because of time constraints.  It is actually a good thing.  I am learning to trust.

You can see in the video that the fence is parts and portions of fencing pieces.  The gate for the goat pen swings open and meets with the make-shift half fence.  Otherwise, this is the high frequency passage way to and from the hay, goats, dogs, etc.   

P.S.  The noise you hear in the video is a goat sneezing.  Otherwise, it sure was awfully quiet.

And just the remains of something found down at the dog park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.