Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Farewell to Fauna

My favorite goat is gone.  I found her dead in her house this morning.  She was at least nine years old, probably older.  I have had her for eight of those years and she became my favorite right off the bat.   She was the smallest and often wasn't treated the best by the other goats because of her size.  She's the one in the front in the photo below.  The two brown goats in the back are her twin boys.
Boyd and I made up for that by always giving her extra food and special treatment.  Boyd called her "Little Wide Ride".   Lately, I noticed she wasn't feeling well.   You could feel the bones on her hips and back and she just didn't seem well. We fed her inside and didn't make her go out in the wet mess. 
I am really sad that she is gone, but she is the lucky one.  The rest of us are stuck here dealing with life and she doesn't have to worry any more.  She does, however, make the fourth person/animal to die during the President's Day break.   I thought my jinx was broken after my school went back to traditional and I wasn't off from President's day until March, but no.  First, Mary (Boyd's mom) died in 2005, then Cricket died in 2008, then my dad died during my break in 2009 and now Fauna.
 Farewell Fauna!

1 comment:

Clouds - March 14th