Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Shades of Boredom

Ever wonder what color boredom is?   Yep, it's gray.  I bet you knew that and since that is the color of everyday life around here lately,  my only choice seems to be bored.  And a bored Becca is a bothersome Becca.  Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of things I should be doing.  I just can't get motivated.  Even my brain seems to be on vacation.  And that intro should explain the randomness of these pictures.
 The goats (and most other ruminants) waste a lot of hay picking through it and only eating the flakes.  Chopping it is one solution. We could have bought a hay chopper that you hook to a tractor for thousands of dollars, instead we spent $6.99 on this machete knife.  Can you believe that I wandered through Smith and Edwards with this in my hand and no one looked twice?   I was scared of chopping off my own leg.
 Now, I spend a little extra time and chop it myself.  It is very therapeutic and good exercise.   Even Boyd takes over for me 'cause he likes it too.  I don't' know if it is saving hay, but it is fun.  That is until someone pokes an eye out or loses a finger.  Don't worry Mom!

And now for shades of gray...



 My new boots (Bogs).  They are so warm and you gotta love the flower pattern.



 I took this shot of my boots lying on my back with my feet in the air.  It isn't easy when you have two dogs licking you on the face simultaneously either.

 No, not upside down.  I told you I was bored.  I took these lying on my back.





1 comment:

  1. I think you might be ready to go back to the red-door portable:). Having said that, I truly enjoyed this post . . . lovely pictures and entertaining Becca-style narratives. Can't get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete

Clouds - March 14th